Hope you’re all doing well and ready for the weekend! I have been loving all this sun although its been too hot at night – this is when aircon would be dream…
With all this glorious weather I thought I’d share an easy recipe for the most delish strawberry tart which screams summer.
I loooooove a strawberry tart – big or small, I’ll never say no… my go to in a patisserie is always a strawberry tart. My fav for sure!
It was my Dad’s birthday recently so instead of making a cake we made him this strawberry tart – like me he loves his strawberries. Although we had to bring a small tub of cream for my dad to pour (not drizzle!) over – any pudding he has to have cream!
The trick… buy pre-made tart cases! This cuts the cooking time down and means you can eat it sooner 🙂
- Shop brought pastry case (this recipe fills a large case)
- A punnet of strawberries
- Apricot jam
For the crème pat:
- 4 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 280ml milk
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until it is pale and slightly thickened – should take a few minutes.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until it starts to boil. (If you’re feeling fancy add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract) Make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Whisk the milk into the egg mixture.
- Put the mixture back into the saucepan on a medium heat and continuously stir until it is thick and boiling – you want to keep stirring so it doesn’t burn on the bottom. The mixture will go lumpy but keep whisking and it will turn smooth, thick and glossy.
- Take the pan off the heat and cover with cling film to stop a skin forming.
- You can then keep it in the fridge until you need it 🙂
- When making this we’ll usually make the crème pat the night before so it’s nice and quick to assemble in the next day.
- Once the crème pat has cooled pour it into the pastry case and put it in the fridge.
Assembling the strawberry tart:
- When you’re ready to, put the crème pat in the pastry case. This can be done as soon as the crème pat has cooled. We usually do this the night before so you can assemble quicker in the morning.
- Nows the fun part! Slice up the strawberries and start laying them pointing out on the outside with the largest slices first and then make your way in!
- When you’ve got your strawberries all arranged why not add an easy apricot glaze on top. Pop a couple spoonfuls of apricot jam in the microwave and heat until warm so it’s easy to spread. Lightly glaze the tart – I usually go for thin layer over and this gives a lovely shine.
Next time we might go for something like this or this.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!
This sounds a looks delicious, I can’t wait to try this out. Thanks for sharing
😍looks so good I’m sure it’ll be tasty as well! I wanna give it a try but I’ll see if I have the bases available here on island. Pinning it! 🙂
Omg this looks yum! I love strawberries. The pre-made tart case is defs a life saver. I’ve always wanted to make my own pizza but then i realised how ridiculously expensive it would be so I thought about getting a pre-made pizza base. Then, I just bought pre-made pizza haha. But I defs want to learn how to cook things in future- it’s so rewarding too.
I know what you mean – I love the idea of making things from scratch but sometimes a pre-made base or tart just makes it 100% easier and quicker!
This is really easy tart! I am very surprised and curious and want to try it now by myself!
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
One of my fav tarts for sure! Let me know if you try it 🙂
This looks so delicious, I’m missing strawberry season already – pinning to my summer recipes for next year!