Another recipe for you this week! I needed to share this recipe so you can all experience how good these Cookies are. They are to die for, are ‘giant, gooey and utterly epic’ and are based on the famous Levain Cookies from New York City!
The recipe is from Jane’s Patisserie and is nice and easy to follow. I’ve put the recipes for both types and from my own experience they are both good! We first tried these during Lockdown and ate so many! Like lots of others we spent a lot of time home baking during Lockdown to keep ourselves occupied and these have to be one of my favourite recipes so far!
NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies: https://www.janespatisserie.com/2020/04/25/nyc-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Tripe Chocolate NYC Cookies: https://www.janespatisserie.com/2020/05/06/triple-chocolate-nyc-cookies/
A couple tips:
- If you don’t have choc chips, get a bar of chocolate from the shops and roughly cut each square into quarters. I love chocolate in cookies so the more the better!
- On the triple chocolate chip cookies, we also added Malteasers spread into the middle and OMG it was just insane!
- Once you’ve got them into balls, definitely put some aside for the freezer. We cooked up 4 and put the rest in the freezer. We then remembered a few days later and popped a couple straight in the oven for 12 mins and wow they were amazing! I’ll definitely be doing this going forward – it’s like having Cookies on demand!
- If you cook a lot up and have some left over, the following day pop them in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and you have a yummy Cookie ready to eat!
- If you want proper chunky Cookies, don’t flatten them down. Put the ball of Cookie Dough of the tray and it will work its magic.
- Once baked, leave them to cool on a tray for 30 mins. It’s a long wait but so worth it! They carry on baking while cooling so don’t be worried you’ve taken them out too early. If you eat them sooner (which we did with some of the triple choc chip ones) then they are a little tricky to eat and fall apart – I mean they’re still very yummy! We just couldn’t wait any longer :p
Let me know if you try them!
I think they have to be the best homemade Cookies we’ve ever made and will definitely be a recurring treat in our house especially now we have a freezer stash!
A perfect treat especially for these chilly evenings to warm you up! If you want to be even more indulgent serve with vanilla ice-cream – YUM!
What is your favourite homemade treat to make this time of year?